Baked Zucchini with Tomato, Basil and Mozzarella
So last night my boyfriend and I decided to make dinner. Being obsessed with Pinterest recently, I whipped out my food board and found this zucchini recipe. I made a few tweaks and think that next time I’d like to add chicken. It tasted awesome though and even the boyfriend who hates all healthy food liked it. Try this recipe out and let me know any other ingredients you added!
Recipe serves two
- 1 large zucchini
- 2 tomatoes (more if you use cherry tomatoes)
- mozzarella (shredded or sliced)
- olive oil
- (can use Italian Seasoning if you want)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees
- Wash the zucchini and pat dry. Slice the ends off and then cut the zucchini lengthwise. Using a spoon, scrape the seeds out of the zucchini. Lay aside.
- Wash the tomatoes and cut them into slices or in halves if you are using cherry tomatoes. Place in a bowl and add in the olive oil (I eyeballed how much to use), salt, pepper, basil, oregano and if you choose to use Italian seasoning add that now. Mix ingredients in the bowl.
- Place the zucchini on a cookie sheet and, using a spoon, put the tomato mixture inside the zucchini “boats”.
- Place zucchini boats in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until zucchini is tender. When tender, place mozzarella on top and place back in the oven for 3-5 minutes. Basically, until the cheese is melted.